Mortgage loan at 2% in Poland: terms and requirements
Government program to support the purchase of apartments in Poland launched on July 1, 2023
The Polish government has launched a new program to support the purchase of apartments. Under the terms of the program, the state will subsidize banks for mortgage loans, which will allow them to offer a rate of 2%.
Who can get a 2% mortgage
A 2% mortgage is available to people living in Poland under the age of 45 who do not own or have not owned their own apartment, house, or share in the ownership of real estate in Poland.
What documents are needed to get a 2% mortgage?
To get a 2% mortgage, you must submit the following documents to the bank:
- Certificate of tax payment;
- Certificate of income for the past 3-6 months (in the case of an open-ended employment contract);
- A contract for one year in advance and a certificate of income for the past 3-6 months (in the case of a fixed-term employment contract).
What are the requirements for the property?
The property for which a 2% mortgage is granted must meet the following requirements:
- The property must be located in Poland.
- The property must be intended for residential use.
- The property must be in good technical condition and must not have any significant defects.
The maximum amount of a 2% mortgage is PLN 500,000 for one person and PLN 600,000 for married couples.
The loan term for a 2% mortgage can be from 15 to 30 years.
Restrictions on the use of the property:
The property purchased under the program cannot be used for rent.
A 2% mortgage in Poland is an attractive opportunity to buy your own apartment for young people who do not have their own apartment. However, it is important to remember that in order to obtain such a loan, you must meet certain requirements and submit a complete package of documents to the bank.