How to find a new job in Poland after being fired?

Every Polish citizen, even a foreigner, has the right to change their job at any time if they are not satisfied with it and find a new one. As for a foreigner, they must remember to notify the Voivodeship of the type of residence permit in the country.

There are several ways to get a new job:

  • On a national visa or visa-free – if there is an invitation from an employer, you must obtain a new one. This can be done within 30 days. The cost of the procedure is PLN 30. In this case, you should take into account the time already worked, as well as the validity of the visa for legal stay in Poland.
  • With the consent of the voivode – for the entire period of validity of the visa (however, this first option is easier to issue).
  • In the case of a residence permit – two weeks to report and one month to employment.
  • On the Polish Card with the possibility of obtaining a permanent residence permit and work.

If you are familiar with your rights and obligations, there will be no problems with being fired and new employment. If you are looking for a job in Poland and need help or advice, please contact our company. Our experts will answer all your questions and help with the formalities.

Here are some additional details about finding a new job in Poland after being fired:

  • The first step is to update your resume and cover letter. Make sure to highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the jobs you are applying for.
  • Start networking with people in your field. Attend industry events, connect with people on LinkedIn, and reach out to friends and family who may know of job openings.
  • Use online job boards to search for open positions. There are many websites that list jobs in Poland, including Indeed,, and
  • Don’t be afraid to apply for jobs that you may not be 100% qualified for. The worst that can happen is that you don’t get an interview.

If you are a foreigner, you may also need to obtain a work permit. The requirements for obtaining a work permit vary depending on your country of citizenship.

I hope this helps!

(Polski) Jak znaleźć inną pracę w Polsce po zwolnieniu?