What to do if your employer doesn’t pay your salary in Poland?

If your employer doesn’t pay your salary, you should take the following steps:

  1. Talk to your employer about the situation. In some cases, the problem can be resolved through negotiations with the employer. You can try to explain the reason for the non-payment of your salary and agree on a payment schedule.
  2. Write a written demand for payment to your employer. If negotiations fail, you can write a demand for payment to your employer. The demand should include all dates of non-payment of your salary. The demand should be sent to your employer by registered mail with return receipt.
  3. Contact the State Labor Inspectorate (PIP). The PIP oversees the enforcement of labor law in Poland. The PIP can help you get your back wages. To do this, you must file a complaint with the PIP. A complaint can be filed in person, by mail, or online.
  4. Contact the court. If the PIP is unable to resolve the problem, you can contact the court. In court, you can request payment of your back wages, as well as compensation for moral damage.

It is important to remember that you should not tolerate non-payment of your salary. If your employer doesn’t pay your salary, you have the right to protect your rights.

Here are some tips that will help you protect your rights in the event of non-payment of your salary:

Keep all documents that confirm your employment and non-payment of your salary. This may include an employment contract, job acceptance letters, pay stubs, bills, etc. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. In Poland, there are many organizations that help employees protect their rights.

(Polski) Co zrobić, jeśli pracodawca nie wypłaca pensji w Polsce?